You must be at least 18 years of age or older (Cannot exceed the age of 50) • You must have a substance abuse problem or a life controlling addiction
• Willing to consider a faith-based approach
• Willing to commit to a minimum of 12 months
• Willing to share a room with others, possibly of different races and backgrounds
• Willing to suspend all contact with non-family members while in the program
(This includes, but is not limited to any girlfriend or boyfriend that you may be involved with.)
* Note: We do not honor common-law marriages
• Must have a Social Security Card and Photo ID
• Must resolve any legal matters before entering the program (This includes, but is not limited to any warrants for your arrest.)
• Must submit to random drug tests while in the program
(This includes, but is not limited to nicotine testing since we are a non-smoking facility.)
• Must have a physical examination and lab work done prior to entering the program. If this is not possible, (e.g. you are incarcerated), please discuss this matter with the Admissions Team.
(The disadvantage of not knowing your lab results before you enter the program is, if you test positive for TB, HIV or if you are pregnant, you will not be able to continue in our program).
• Must have a T.B. test done within 30 days prior to entering the program
• Must have no physical limitations. Must be able to participate in all program activities, etc.
(e.g. attend classes, walk, climb into van, lawn care, maintenance, housecleaning)
• We recommend a dental examination. If dental issues arise, you may be required to withdraw from the program.
• We do not allow any psychiatric medications to be taken while in the program
(This includes, but is not limited to prescription painkillers, anti-depressants, mood stabilizers, etc.)
* Note: Non-Psychiatric medications prescribed by a doctor for physiological reasons, such as epilepsy,
blood pressure, diabetes, etc. are allowed but will be administered by staff while in the program.
(You, the student, must take full responsibility for the daily requirements of your condition without reminders from staff).
• We are not able to accept women that are pregnant
• We are not able to accept those who are TB or HIV positive
• We are not able to accept those who have been convicted of a sexual crime (we are located next to a school).