BE ON TIME!! There are many Adult & Teen Challenge staff members involved in the admission process. Being late could result in your admission being cancelled. Your admittance time is scheduled for Eastern Standard Time. If you are in a different time zone, make sure you adjust!
NO tobacco products of any kind are permitted on the Adult & Teen Challenge property.
DO NOT smoke on Adult & Teen Challenge property. No smoking in your car!
If you do not have your photo ID, Social Security card (or proof that you have applied for one), your admission may be cancelled.
You will come to the gray metal Administration Office first. There, we will process monies, take your picture and sign you up for food stamps. If you have a felony, we need to know the Felony Class (A,B,C, etc.) for the food stamp application.
Once we arrive at the residential house, your belongings will be unpacked and counted. All your clothes will be washed and dried. Avoid bringing clothes that need special handling or need to be dry cleaned. Please make sure you do not exceed the allowed number of items. Anything over the count or items we feel are inappropriate to wear will be sent back home. Please remove all body piercings before your admission begins.
Clothing: NO frayed, holes, or cut-offs on any garments!
- Shirts:16 total (3 dress I 3-5 long sleeve I 3-5 short sleeve I 3-5 tee’s, not undershirts I 2-3 work shirts)
- Pants/Jeans: 6 total (2 pair of jeans for everyday I 1-2 pair dress jeans or casual slacks (must have at least one pair of slacks with a shirt and tie for church) I 1-2 pair work pants)
- Shorts: 4 total (2 pair for work I 2 pair for recreation NO frayed or cut-offs)
- Athletic outfits: 2 sets of the “warm up” type NO fleece sweat pants
- Underwear: 8 pair underwear, 7 undershirts
- Socks: 11 pairs total (3 dress I 8 other)
- Shoes: 7 pair total (1 dress I 1 casual I 1-2 sneakers I 1 pair shower thongs I 1-2 work shoes or boots)
- Belts: 2 total (1 work 1 dress)
- Suits: 1-3 suits (May be slacks /jacket combo with up to 5 ties)
- Sweaters: 1-3
- Coats: 4 total (1 heavy church, 1 light church I 1 heavy work, 1 light work)
- Gloves: 2 total (1 pair work, 1 pair dress)
- Hats: 6 total (1 warm I 3 “baseball” I 1-2 stocking/toboggans)
- Towels & washcloths: 2 towels / 2 washcloths
- Linens/bedding: 1 set twin x-long (college dorm type) 1 pillowcase
- Hangars: enough for all hanging garments
- Shampoo/conditioner, razors, shaving cream, personal beard trimmer
NOTE: If student has a beard/goatee when they arrive they may keep it but it must be kept trimmed and neat.
- Soap, up to 2 colognes, NON-ALCOHOLIC mouthwash
- Deodorant (NON-AEROSOL)
- Lotion, acne med
- Multivitamin (NO individual supplements unless ordered by a physician, MUST have a written signed order from them)
- Bathrobe (mandatory, mid-calf or longer)
- Pajamas, pillow
- Laundry bag (no bigger than a full size pillow case)
- Clip-on night light
- Book bag/backpack
- Small fan (max. 12 inch blade diameter)
•Photos: 3 displayed, may have one small album (ALL photos must be approved)
- Alarm clock: no radio
- Books: Bible and one small concordance
- Headphones: 1 small set (for class work only)
- General class supplies: pens, pencils paper, envelopes, stamps etc.
- Hair must be trimmed above the collar. No dreads, mohawks or other severe styles. If your head is shaved when you come in you may keep it that way. If you grow it out while in the program you may not shave it until re-entry.
- If you come in with a beard, you may keep it but it must be kept neat and trimmed.
- NO pierced jewelry of any kind (ear, nose, etc.)